Wednesday 4 March 2009

Clean for a Month

Hey readers,

Hope you're all well. I haven't touched a cigarette for a whole month now, but I've got to admit, it's been pretty hard. There have been times when I've been more than a little tempted though - particularly as the stress of coursework is mounting itself on top of me. The other day I worked from 9am to 9pm, and where I'd usually take a cigarette break, I replaced it with a water break - much healthier. Additionally, this month, I've saved over £100 from quitting; where I'd usually buy a pack a day, I've been putting the money aside into another account - not sure what I'll do with the money, but it'll be something productive.

I was telling a friend about my attempts to quit smoking the other day, and he agreed to do it with me - so we're going to support each other and try to keep each other on track. I've got a feeling he hasn't been too honest about his progress though, as he seems to be finding it 'really easy' - I think he's been smoking the odd cigarette here or there...I'll try my best to keep him on the straight and narrow though. I've already got a plan for my next post that I hope to show him - hopefully it'll shock him into quitting.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment: